Skip to main content

Vintage Sewing Machine Cabinet Repurposed into a Mini Bar or Drink Cart

Vintage Sewing Machine Cabinet repurposed into a drink cart in midnight blue. I LOVE this piece and only wish I had room to keep it! I had so much fun putting this together!

This repurposed cabinet has been painted with CeCe Caldwell paint (I mixed 3 different colors together) and then stained with CeCe Caldwell's Dark Wax.

After painting was completed, I added a vintage white metal basin which can hold ice. This piece cannot be removed, so you will have to remove your ice when done by hand.

Handles are copper. Colors are shades of dark blue with hints of brown from the original color of the cabinet showing through.  Gorgeous!!

Measurements with the piece closed are:
17.5 inches deep
22 inches wide
31 inches tall

Measurements with the piece in the open position:
17.5 inches deep
43 inches wide
31 inches tall

furniture projects 2013 010

furniture projects 2013 012

Vintage shot caddy (think Mad Men) and chalkboards available at The Gypy Chix Company on Etsy.  Can’t wait for you to stop by.  I love vintage – do you??

furniture projects 2013 011

furniture projects 2013 009

Item is available for purchase in my Etsy Shop for local delivery only (Columbus, OH). 

Wine anyone??


Comments

Patty said…
I have this sewing machine- cabinet and all. It still works quite well, so I think I need YOURS for my drinks. Too bad I am so far away and short of cash.
Good job, by the way.
Tam said…
Thanks Patty. I picked this one up at the thrift shop and the sewing machine had already been taken out.
UNKNOWN said…
Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. Thermal gas mass flowmeter

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Domino Tile Pendant Necklace

My metals/jewelry making class that I am taking has inspired to create some really cute upcycled/recycled tile art necklaces .  I was at the thrift shop last month and I picked up this tin full of Dora the Explorer domino type pieces.  They were in great shape and made of a nice heavy filled plastic/resin with white on one side and Dora characters on the other side.  I sat them aside until this past weekend when I thought – I need to do something with those cute little pieces.  By nature, I’m a big recycler.  I love taking something old and making it new.  I’ve seen these necklaces all over Etsy so I thought I would give it a try.  So, while hubby was out and about, I plopped down at the kitchen table and began creating. I had already downloaded a few art sheets specifically designed for domino size pieces from Etsy (these sheets are really inexpensive). You don’t have to use these, I just chose to.  Leading up to this project, I had already bought jewelry bales, jump rings, and c

Spring Mantel Nook; Trash to Treasure

I have been jealous of all the cute spring mantels popping up lately.  So last night, I went to the thrift shop and started looking for treasures to turn my mantel into something special. You see, I have more than a mantel, I have a nook …..a deep alcove to house a television.  The problem – I didn’t like the TV being up that high…so, I have a nook. What’s in my nook?  Take a look Tall glass jar – thrift shop.  Eggs that are inside are treasured eggs that the girls made when they were little. Chalkboard plate – just made it today!  I bought the white plate at Target on clearance and used chalk board spray paint. Little picture above the plate – thrift shop! Little dragon fly candle holder – thrift shop. Topiary – something I already owned. White candle stick – it used to be gold and I spray painted it antique white.  It was another thrift shop find. Little clay chick tea light candle holder –you guessed it, thrift shop. All the bottles are thrift sh

Chalk Painted Dresser–Aged Barn Wood

I have been collecting furniture in the garage and it was requested that I start doing something with them or else!  Since I wasn't sure what “or else” meant exactly, I started my first project this weekend :) I have been following many blogs that re-do furniture and everyone has their own way of doing things, their own favorite brands, products, and tools.  I tried to take a little something from each blog to come up with something that works for me.  I thought I would share with you the steps I took to get a beat up Bassett dresser from drab to fab! So here’s the down and dirty: Painted using Behr flat in one of those new sample size containers.  I used two coats of homemade chalk paint (added 2 tablespoons of unsanded tile grout diluted in hot water to 1 cup of paint). I noticed the paint seemed to get thicker as I applied each coat so I added little bits of water here and there to thin out the paint a little. This seemed to do the trick. The chalk paint dries super fast